Our Call Center will be operating from 7 AM to 7 PM from now until further notice. Peoria and Bloomington-Normal Sercice will remain temporarily suspended until further notice. Champaign-Urbana Service will continue its limited service until further notice. Passengers are responsible for providing their own mask. Passengers without a mask, starting May 1st, 2020 will be denied boarding, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Have you ever wanted a job that didn't involve being stuck behind a desk or in a building? Did you ever wish you didn't have a supervisor standing over your shoulder all the time? Maybe you wished you could work some place where you could travel a lot?
Peoria Charter may be just the place for you!
If you're interested in employment as a Professional Motorcoach Operator with Peoria Charter this is what you need to know.
Experienced motorcoach or CDL drivers are preferred applicants
however, training will be provided by Peoria Charter for the right applicants who do not have a CDL.
Driver candidates must:
- Be 25 years or older.
- Have a valid driver's license for the past 3 years.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be able to pass a DOT medical exam.
- Be able to pass required drug and alcohol screenings.
- Be available to work at least 3 full days per week. (Sorry - mornings only or afternoons only, etc. will not work for us.)
- Be able to be away from home overnight occasionally.
- Be able to obtain the required permit if not already licensed (Class B CDL, Passenger Endorsement, Air Brakes)
- Live within 1 hour drive from either our Peoria or Urbana terminal (or have a place to stay within that radius).
While not required to be interviewed or trained, the driver applicant will be required to have the following license in order to be hired: Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement, Air Brakes, Charter Endorsement (or SBP) and must meet appropriate FMCSA requirements.
Applicants who successfully pass the interview process must complete 3 weeks of training with a Peoria Charter driver trainer, as well as IMG online training modules before being hired. (Good news! Training is paid and may take less than three weeks if applicant comes with the right experience.)
Charter drivers are dispatched three to four days in advance and work a variety of days and hours. Every day is an adventure! Only route drivers have consistent schedules. Drivers who can begin a trip on any day of the week and be gone for any number of days are preferred, but this level of availability is not required. All newly hired drivers are considered part-time when initially hired. Part-time drivers will be considered for full-time status as full-time positions become available and excellent performance is demonstrated.
Drivers are paid .28 per mile, but receive a minimum of 50 miles per hour from pre-trip inspection to post-trip inspection, regardless of miles driven. This works out to a base pay of $14 per hour. With per diems, merit pay, monthly incentive bonuses, and tips most drivers make considerably more than $14/hour.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid weekly!
- Uniforms provided by the company.
- Hotel expenses and meal per diem ($35/day) paid for multi-day trips.
- Travel discounts through Peoria Charter Travel (our full-service travel agency) and free rides on our daily shuttles to Chicago.
- 401k retirement program.
- Health insurance for full-time.
- Free access to RightNow Media @ Work.
The following must be provided before being considered for an interview:
- Resume including 10 or more years of employment history.
- 3 or more references with phone numbers.
- Copy of Driver's License.
- Recent MVR (obtain from your local DMV for about $14).
- Copy of social security card will be required if an interview is scheduled.
Email required information to Ben Watt: Safety@peoriacharter.com Mail or Deliver in person to Peoria, IL office. (2600 NE Adams St., Peoria, IL, 61603) Deliver in person to Urbana, IL office. (2008 N. Federal Dr., Urbana, IL, 61801)