Our Call Center will be operating from 6 AM to 8 PM from now until further notice.
Peoria and Bloomington-Normal: Peoria Charter will begin Limited Service Starting on Wednesday, March 17th, 2021
Champaign-Urbana: Peoria Charter will begin running Extended Limited Service Starting on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021
Please see the Limited Service Time Tables for more information
Starting May 1st, 2020 Passengers are required to have a mask while on the bus. Passengers are responsible for providing their own mask. Passengers without a mask, will be denied boarding, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Peoria Charter Coach is seeking a Service Technician level 1 (Entry level Technician) to join our great team! This individual will have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in diesel repair and troubleshooting. Our guys look out for each other, help each other, and enjoy working together. This is a full time position with benefits and competitive wages, and some weekends will be required. Summary: Tech level 1 is responsible for general maintenance repair, preventative maintenance, and regulatory inspection and repair on the fleet of motor coaches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair problems in the areas of the engine, component parts, various vehicle items, electrical, HVAC, audio visual, etc.
- Safely move fleet equipment around the lot and into and out of service bays.
- Log in and out of repair orders in a computerized shop management system to include, Complaint, Cause, and Correction for each repair.
- Operate basic shop tools to include; impact wrenches, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
- Work within the company’s work rules and safety guidance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to obtain CDL with passenger endorsement within the first 6-12 months (for road testing purposes).
- Good attendance and work ethic is a must!
Preferred applicants will have experience in the following areas:
- Basic fuel systems
- Basic diesel engine theory
- Basic knowledge of brake systems
Applicants must have their own tools, and be willing to keep their work area clean
Pay: Based upon experience
If interested, please email Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your resume and references.
We look forward to hearing from you right away!